OSD and Critical Role Partner to Raise $25,000 for the Military Community
AUSTIN, TEXAS (November 2, 2018) /For immediate release/ — This November, OSD has teamed up with our friends at Critical Role to raise money for the military community.
Gamers themselves, Critical Role believes in the therapeutic power of gaming. They understand that picking up the dice and getting together with friends can completely shift your energy for the better. And they are serious about their commitment! If we raise $25,000 together, Travis Willingham will host a very special live first-person shooter gaming session on the Critical Role Twitch channel!
We are so excited about this partnership and Critical Role’s commitment to giving back to the military community.
Since 2010, OSD has served over 750,000 members of the global military community through social connectivity, professional development, and servant leadership opportunities, including:
- Supply Drops, which deliver special care packages (that often include board/video games and cooler fun stuff than your traditional care package from home) to those that are on active duty.
- Heroic Forces, which assists veterans with skill and professional development after active duty has ended. OSD also works closely with local and regional organizations to ensure that the transition back into civilian life is resourceful.
- Respawn, which provides therapy, equipment, and support for transitioning veterans through gaming, technology, and innovation at military medical facilities and Warrior Transition Battalions.
- Games to Grunts, in partnership with ID.me which provides no-cost PC video games to active military, veterans, and their families to promote the healing power of gaming.
- Thank You Deployments, in which nominated active duty and veterans receive the red carpet treatment at events like PAX and E3, and other one-of-a-kind adventures.
Don’t have any extra cash to spare? No worries — sharing this campaign with your friends and family is also an amazing way to support our campaign.
To learn more about how OSD’s globally-recognized programs and services are making an impact on the lives of members in our military community, visit https://weareosd.org/news/. To learn how you can make an impact through our programs and service, visit https://weareosd.org/get-involved/.
OSD is a global, chapter based, Veteran Support Ecosystem (EIN 27-3842517) providing relevant, relatable and sustainable impact to the military community through social, professional and service-oriented programs. Since 2010, OSD has impacted over 700,000 members of the military community through these award-winning programs. Read more at: https://weareosd.org/news